17 October 2010

Full days... bring a good night's sleep!

So much for a post a day. Oh well, I am finding that my life is much too full and I am too busy having fun to remember to blog each day... this is, of course, a very GOOD thing.

So yesterday we had some company to celebrate three family birthdays which fall in mid-October. The kids and I took the time to shop for gifts, decorate, and clean in preparation, then we enjoyed a pizza lunch with birthday cake and ice cream. We hung out in the afternoon, then the evening was spent doing the usual Saturday evening ritual of baths/showers and getting ready for bed.

Today we relaxed after worship and Sunday School; lunch was late but no one stressed about it. There was time to talk, not push to "accomplish" anything... then later in the afternoon we got out a fire pit, still in the box, that I had bought a year ago and has sat in the moving truck for several months! Burning the dry sticks the children had gathered for me, we kept a fire going long enough to roast hot dogs and marshmallows, and had hot cider too. It was chilly out this evening, but we had a good time and even the little one was enjoying it all from her perch on my back in the Ergo.

A call is out and the man in question will be coming to visit later this week. The children know the uncertainty of our situation, and since the time we arrived their evening prayers have included the request that this congregation would vote to ask Marc their pastor. It is sweet, and it illustrates just how happy they are to be living in our own "space" and how much they are enjoying the spacious parsonage here. Not to mention the enormous yard and all the trees. ;o)

One day at a time, it's more true with every passing day. Right this minute, I really only know what the general plan is for tomorrow. That's it. Even then, I don't know yet what the day itself may bring....

And that is SO. very. okay.

No comments: