...and the Lord taketh away.
My husband and I were just beginning to wrap our minds around the idea, when just as surprisingly, we lost our new little one. Yesterday. And a blood test confirmed what we thought, that we did indeed have a little one, who indeed had died. We told the children at the breakfast table this morning, and grieved together.
And we know that the reason we were so very happy, and are now so sad, is because we cherish each precious, fragile life, no matter how short and unseen. If I thought this was a 'product' of our married virility and fertility, it would be a different picture altogether. Knowing, and actually believing, that God is the one who is control, gives us the comfort only He can offer, as the Author of all life. We didn't 'mess up.' He in His divine wisdom is working good from this brief life.
Blessed be the Name of the Lord.
12 comments:
Prayers for you and your family.
Prayers for you and your family ascend from the Heidenreich household.
I'm so sorry, Pam. You're in my prayers.
So so sorry, Pam. Please know that you're not alone - in your joy or your grief - even if some of your friends are only accessible via words on a screen.
"Yes, Lord, I will take in whoever you choose to send, and I will nurture them with food safety and love for the amount of time they are here. Sometimes, it might be three months, or six, but hopefully nine months. After the door to [the womb]is opened, they will be with us for a short or long time. That is up to you, Lord. My part is to welcome with a hospitable spirit any child You choose to send to my womb home."- Nancy Campbell
May the Lord give you strength and comfort.
Pam. So very, very sorry. Thoughts and prayers for your whole family.
I'm so sorry. Prayers from here too.
Dear Pam,
Your situation once again came to mind this morning as we sang our hymn... I guess other people always say it better than I can-
Neither life or death shall ever
From the Lord His children sever;
Unto them His grace He showeth
And their sorrows all He knoweth.
Though He giveth or He taketh
God His children ne'er forsaketh;
His the loving purpose solely
To preserve them pure and holy.
I mourn for you. It took me a loooong time to say "Blessed be the name of the Lord" after I miscarried. Great is your faith, Pam. And don't you dare blame yourself! XOXOXO
Pam, I'd like to add one more voice to those gathering here to support you in this, even if from some unknown computer far, far away.
I have felt the feelings of confused emotions that you refer to, and my heart aches for you, your husband, and the dear children you have with you in the home.
God is with you.
Perhaps you've already done so, but if not I think you should go to The Rebellious Pastor's Wife. Scroll down and on the right you'll find "Words of Comfort--Miscarriage". She's had 3 and put into words what I could not. It was tremendously helpful for me. I still read it from time to time.
May the wounds of Christ be your strength and solace.
Thank you all for your kind words. God is good.
Post a Comment