So much emotional upheaval in the past weeks has gone on in my life, I really can't put into a few words. Maybe you have noticed, there is actually precious little that I am able to put into only a few words! HA. In addition to the draining nature of the great transition my husband and I are making, we had the birth, death, and funeral of a little boy born to a young couple in our congregation. So very much emotion, and so very little capacity with which to function.
As I am muddling through each day, I don't anticipate much in the way of posting for the near future. If only I knew how long, but then the healing process often does not have a foreseeable timetable.
God's will be done.
4 comments:
I've been reading, and haven't given up. I certainly understand the lack of time issue. My wife would like to post and comment on blogs like this, but she NEVER finds the time with seven children to look after, including a five-month-old. She's also a perfectionist when it comes to writing (and many other things), so it would take her about a half-hour to write a comment like this one. So, she is content to read a few of the posts and comments I forward to her. Sometimes I read them to her when she's got all her hands full.
God be with you in this distressing period in your life. "He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength."
Don't shut down the blog. Post only if and when you have time. Perhaps you could also consider inviting other mothers of large families to contribute, kind of like the CSPP blog works.
It is unfortunate that those, such as yourself, who have so much wisdom to impart to women who are at the beginning of their motherhood, are often the ones who have the least time to impart that knowledge.
Where are the voices of such mothers who have mostly grown children? It is these "older women" who are most specifically called by God to this duty in the second chapter of Titus. Their voices are much needed in this day and age.
Pam, I've been reading. Count me in as one of the women at the beginning of my motherhood. And one with very few CSPP-minded women to look to.
Please don't shut the blog down, just post when you can. Meantime, you're in my prayers.
No pressure. We'll read you when we can get you. :)
I am now a new reader, having read you on Loopers. Keep up the good work! (Please.)
Blessings,
Rob
Post a Comment